Mr. N. Duma | Chief Financial Officer
The Budget and Treasury Department is responsible for managing the Municipal accounting function and cash flow, making investments, raising external finance through bond issues (or servicing existing loans), conducting its banking transactions, and safeguarding its assets and liabilities.
We also facilitate the Municipal annual credit rating, manage the Finance portfolio and ensure compliance with relevant legislation guided by National and Provincial Treasury.
The Responsibility of Chief Finance Officer
- Being administratively in charge of the Budget and Treasury Department of the municipality;
- Assisting the Accounting Officer to carry out financial management responsibilities (in line with delegations), in areas ranging from budget preparation to financial reporting and the development and maintenance of internal control policies and procedures.
- Undertaking specific responsibilities as a member of the top management team.
- Leading and managing the planning processes for the Budget and Treasury Department.
- Managing the alignment of strategies and goals within the area of responsibility.
- Providing direction and contributing to the development and review of credible plans, including the Integrated Development Plan (IDP) and Service Delivery and Budget Implementation Plan (SDBIP) of the municipality.